Thursday, January 22, 2009

January Highlights

This has been such a fast, busy month! We have done a lot of fun things, and here are some highlights:
1. Jesus Want Me For a Sunbeam! Lexi is officially a sunbeam at church. I kept telling her about how she wouldn't go to nursery anymore and that she would be a sunbeam. After one time of explaining to her she said, "But mom, I don't want to be a sunbeam, I want to be Lexi!" The first few weeks were pretty rough, since I am in Primary. I was conducting the first week and doing sharing time the next, so it was hard for her to sit with her class while I was there. She's done much better the last few weeks.

2. The little guy is growing up! Jackson turned two!! I can't believe it. He was so excited about blowing out the candle on his cake. Each time he would clap and say "yay!" We did it over and over again! It was really fun to have my dad, Kathryn, and Jenn here to celebrate, which brings us to our next item...
3. Visit from dad, Kathryn, and Jenn! They drove down from Utah for MKL weekend. It was perfect weather while they were here, so Saturday we went for a walk and then played at the park. That night we all (minus the kiddies) met Wayne & Patrice for Thai food and to visit at their house.


Sunday we had church and then went to the park after dinner.

And Monday...we went to the park again! Wayne & Patrice met us there, and it was a perfect day. Then they had to leave. :( We also put my dad to work while he was here. He replaced the cartridge in our guest shower, so now there is hot water in there. It was so much fun to have them visit, and we look forward to seeing them more in February!
4. Chuck e Cheese! We took the kids last weekend to go on the rides and play games.
5. Playgroup. We've gone to the park, played at the church gym, and had a tour of Great Harvest bakery.

6. Swimming! Since the weather has been warm and nice, the kids have been asking to go swimming. We took them to the YMCA indoor pool last night. They loved it!

7. Hiking at Red Rock. We did the Calico Tanks hike today with the Jensons. Here's Jackson and "Hay-Hay"

View from the top!

8. Amazing weather. We have had the warmest, sunniest weather this month. I think we've been to the park about 15 times this month. It's been so nice for that and to take the kids for walks.

9. Jeff's firm moved into their new building last Friday, so his commute to work is now 3 miles!

10. Jeff ran the St. George half marathon. He loved it and is excited to participate in more of them.

5 comments:

Jenson Family said...

I truly am in SHOCK that it's the end of January! My gosh! It has been a busy, busy month, but tons of fun too! Cute pic of Jackson and Hay Hay - it'll be in their wedding video one day!! :)

Natalie said...

Wow! You guys have been soooo busy!! Judy, you need a long nap! I love having David to visit - he replaced our disposal!!

(Sorry it took me so long, but to answer your question from ages ago, salted carmel hot chocolate is a drink at Starbucks, and it is the best hotchocolate. I think they only sell it from October through December. You should try it some time!)

jane said...

I love seeing new pics of your kids. I can't believe Jackson is two. I am soooo jealous of the good weather you guys are having right now.

Kathryn said...

We had so much fun with you in Vegas and so much fun when you came to Provo. The kids are darling, and you and Jeff are good parents and we love being around you.
Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Where oh where are you...??? I miss you!! How are things?? I'm sure you are extremely busy!!