Friday, March 20, 2009

Losing Lexi

Today I took Lexi and Jackson to Super Walmart to do a little shopping. Jackson was in the cart, and Lexi was just walking beside us. I stopped to look at some storage bins, and Lexi ran off to another aisle. I wasn't worried. She does this all the time when we're shopping, but she usually stays within a short distance and comes right back. I looked through the bins for a minute, and then said "Lexi." There was no answer, so I started walking and calling her name some more. Then I hear a page over the intercom, "Attention Walmart customers, will ...... please come to the jewelry counter. We have .... here." Since I wasn't sure about the names I wandered for a minute more and then made my way to the jewelry counter. Sure enough...there was Lexi! I was just laughing. Little stinker! The best part was a minute later Lexi said, "well mom, I just ran away from you so I could say bad words!" Where does she come up with this stuff???

4 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

How scary I'm glad you found her. I'm sure Walmart has good protocol for lost children who sneak away from their parents.

And indoor skydiving? That sounds like a lot of fun!

jane said...

to say bad words? what, Lexi, you are a little character! ANd I love you!

The Story of Life said...

Wow, you sound calm. I am a complete NUT when I can't find my kids. John thinks I'm a little crazy.

Emily Brimhall said...

thats funny. I have a feeling that little lexi is going to give you guys a run for your money. ha, I have 3 of those. and skydiving looks like soo much fun!