Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Utah Trip

At the end of April I decided to head up to Utah with the kids to see my family. So, on my birthday I packed the kids in the car and off we went! On my way out of Vegas I met Kim at Aliante park. She is always so great at celebrating my birthday. She spoiled me with presents and lunch and we ate and let the kids play while we caught up on life. Thanks Kim!! After the kids had eaten and used up some of their energy we started our drive. My plan worked perfectly - Jackson was asleep within minutes! We got to my parents house that night and had fun catching up.

Thursday was pretty crazy. I met Jane at Thanksgiving Point. She gave me my birthday gift, which I LOVED! It was thirty songs for thirty years. She burned a CD of all the songs she had picked, and she had typed up a little explanation of each one and what part of me or my life it represented. We both cried as I read it! Then we took them to feed the animals at the farm.




and went on a hay ride



After that we went to Jane's house in SLC so the younger kids could nap. Then in the late afternoon we took the kids to the zoo! They were in heaven with the animals and the carousel




and the train ride


happy boy!

I left the zoo and headed back down to Provo. I got a sitter for the kids, picked up Isaac, and we went to my dad's choir concert. They performed Brahms's "German Requiem."




Friday I went back up to SLC to Jane's house. we had a sitter for the younger kids, so Jane and I took Brooke and Lexi to Nordstrom Rack for some shopping and got a few cute things! Love that place! That night Jane and I went to a yummy dinner at Market Street Grill and then met Whitney at the theater to see Duplicity. It was such a fun night out.




Saturday was rainy and cold, so we took the kids to McDonald's so they could play on the indoor playground.
That afternoon I went back to Provo to hang out with Kel and Jess and see the houses my parents were considering buying. That night a bunch of the family hung out and my parents ordered Bombay House for dinner- my favorite! Around 11pm I headed back up to SLC!




Sunday morning I dropped my kids off at Kaira's house and went to Abby's blessing. She is so darling!! And it was so fun to get to meet Warner, my new nephew, too, on the trip.
After the blessing we went to Jord & Taryn's house for brunch.




Love these amazing women in my family!




Then we all went back down to Provo to have a delicious dinner and celebrate my birthday! It was such a busy few days, but it was so fun to see my family and catch up, especially Jess and Kel, who I don't get to see much anymore now that we're all spread out across the country.


Jane made these yummy coconut cupcakes!

5 comments:

The Story of Life said...

Hope you had a happy birthday. Looks like a fun trip to Utah. Sometimes it is nice just to get away!!

Jenson Family said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how crazy your trip was! I'm tired just reading it! Wow! Well, I'm just glad you remembered that you had a BLOG!

Jessica Brown said...

That was such a fun trip in Utah. Really one of the best. I wish we all lived closer to each other!

Anonymous said...

So fun to catch up!! Glad we got to hang out- miss you guys so much!!

fernie said...

Judy! Great pics of your family...I can't believe I haven't seen you since I made my way out East. One of my best friends is moving out to Vegas soon and I would love for you to meet her and her husband and their kids. His brothers live in Vegas but my friend is going to need some great girlfriends and I think you two will get along so well. :) Can I put her in touch with you? They'll be moving out there in August and just renting until they find the neighborhood/ward they want to move into. I'll have to get out there soon for a visit...I wish I wasn't so far away! Sadly, I don't think I have your e-mail anymore so please write when you have a moment. jfernie@mac.com

lvya. *jen