Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Family Vacation

Well, I'm really behind on my blog, so I'm going to keep this short. We spent the last week of June at a beach house in California with my family - all thirty-six of us! We split up into three houses along the same street in San Juan Capistrano, and we had a blast. I think we all agreed it was the best and most fun family vacation we had been on. Here are some of the highlights...
1. Lexi turned two! We got to celebrate her birthday with Jeff's family...And then again with my family the next day. Good thing two year olds don't care if you re-use the same cake!
2. New family photo! Our last one was almost eight years ago, and I think our family has doubled in size since then.
3. Family bonding time. We had a full week of hanging out and having fun together. It was so fun to have the kids get to know their aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents better. Here Jackson is taking a nap with uncle Jon Jon.

And I loved hanging out with my sisters and sisters-in-law.
4. Spending the day at Sea world. When the Shamu show first started, Lexi was scared and started crying, but a few minutes into it I guess she decided to change her attitude, and she spent the rest of the show clapping and saying, "Wow! Wow!"

5. Surfing!! I hadn't surfed in a few years, and I forgot how much I love it. Uncle Whitney taught a bunch of the family how to surf, and this is my niece, Whitney, standing on her first wave.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Yeah Judy! I've been checking for your next post! What a great trip. It was so fun to get to know Lexi's darling personality and to have fun hang-outs with you guys. It was a great trip. Can't wait to see you again!

Jessica Brown said...

Thanks for the post! It made me want to go back!

Natalie said...

I love the expression on Lexi's face as the candles are being lit on the cake. She is so cute. It was wonderful to see you guys. We miss the IN days when we got to see you more frequently!!