Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

Easter was so much fun this year. It was a little hectic, too, because we had a BUSY weekend. Saturday we worked out, went to Springs Preserve, grocery shopped and then had a BBQ with the Jensons. That night we got home late, and I was in charge of Sharing Time the next day, so I stayed up until after midnight finishing preparing for that and getting ready for Sunday morning. Since Jeff is Executive secretary, he has meetings before church. Church starts at 9:00, so I have to get myself and the two kids all ready and out the door by 8:45. (And we are not morning people - we usually sleep until around 9:00!) So to get ready on time, I have to have EVERYTHING set out the night before: everyone's outfits, shoes, Primary stuff, and especially the diaper bag: prep sippie cups and extra milk, snacks, books, diapers, wipes, keys, etc.

When I woke Lexi up last Sunday, I told her I had a new Easter dress for her, and she was so excited! Here she is wearing it (along with the necklace she made in nursery).Jeff also has meetings after church, which means that I also bring the kids home alone. Last Sunday I got home, put Jackson down for a nap, and then made funeral potatoes. As soon as Jeff walked through the door, I ran the potatoes and ham to the Jenson's to start baking. I ran home, got the kids ready, and prepped eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt we were going to have. At three we met at the Jensons, where we had Easter dinner with their family and Felicity, Nathaniel, and Asher. We had a FEAST! Everything was delicious. We ate and ate and ate.

The kids loved playing in the back yard. Jackson just wandered all over.

Lexi loves jumping on their new trampoline. Here she is with Hailey.
After dinner we had the egg hunt, which the kids loved. Jackson didn't waste any time before he dumped everything out of his basket, opened the eggs, and found candy!

Affter the egg hunt, we had dessert. We had put the three girls outside to eat, and when they were done Jackson found their plates!

10 comments:

Jenson Family said...

That was sooo fun! Even though it was a crazy day for you! Thanks for making it so fun! Fun weekend overall!

Natalie said...

What a busy Sunday! Love Lexi's dress. And it sounsd like you have some great friends there. I totally laughed at Jackson eating off the girls' dessert plates. Looks like he and his sister are alike in that aspect :)

Grace said...

So cute! Sounds very busy thought. Lexi looks so pretty in her Easter dress, and I love her necklace from nursery!

Lana said...

You are a busy girl! Lexi looks so beautiful in those colors!

Freer Family said...

Sounds fun! Wish we could have joined you.

Kelly said...

Guess what--Katelyn and Whitney have the same dress for Easter--I love it, too. Looks like you guys had fun. Isn't it sad how Sundays can really be the craziest days of the week? I especially feel it when I'm at church...like I have so much to take care of that I can't sit through a single meeting without popping up to get something done. And then I get home and realize that there was still something I forgot to do...

Glad you guys had a good and happy Easter though. I'm glad Jackson has figured out how to get all the candy and dessert that he wants. They both look so cute. Miss you guys!

Emily Brimhall said...

I bet you miss being with family during holidays like this but good friends are always fun too. Lexi's dress is adorable. Oh how I wish for someone to dress up.

Shannon & Summer said...

Looks like you had a great Easter! I wish I could have been there for that yummy looking feast!

Jessica Brown said...

That food looks so yum! And the picture above of the warmth and the sun and the boating. . . not fair!

Tammy said...

Such cute pictures...Easter is a fun holiday with the kids, Huh! You gotta love the warm weather. It's probably a lot warmer there than it is here but we are still enjoying it over the cold Utah weather. Fun, fun!