Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Little Girl Is Growing Up...

Well, Lexi is growing up (maybe a bit faster than I would like)! No, but she has taken a few big steps recently. She has been potty training for about a month now, and she is doing awesome. She pretty much did it herself. Last week she had a few accidents, and she still wears pull-ups while she's sleeping, but other than that she is in "big girl panties,"
and she is loving it.

And last weekend we took down her crib and put her in a "big girl bed" with "big girl bedding." She LOVES it! She has to show anyone who comes over, and every day she now tells me, "mom, I want to go to sleep." Hello - why didn't I give her a bed a long time ago! :) She hasn't fallen off of the bed yet, either, which I'm so happy about. I got the bed and all the bedding for a steal a few years ago (it was all used as the floor model at Pottery Barn), so it works for now. We still have to move stuff around on her walls and rearrange her room a bit to go with the change. Eventually I think the bed will be perfect for Jackson in a boys room. And there is a full drawer underneath the bed that we're using as storage for dressups and toys for now, but it is made to be a trundle bed, so it holds a twin matress and will be nice to have as an extra bed down the road for visitors.


Here is Lexi right before she slept in the bed for the first time. Can you see how happy she is?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Lexi!! That is so great she hasn't even fallen off- are you using one of those side rail things??

Tammy said...

HELLO!! That's so the Judy I remember from THS.... Cute, It's crazy how fast they grow up huh! Kids are the best!

Brooke said...

She looks so excited in her bed. That's darling. I can't believe how big Lexi is.

Freer Family said...

Those are huge milestones! Congrats! That is the same bed Cole has (or very very similar), lol! Great minds think alike.

Elaine said...

Wow, Judy, she is so pretty! How exciting for her! Wait till you do this milestone for the last time... it's sobering how quickly they grow up.
Love ya
E

kimberlee shaffer said...

YAY for big girl beds!! She is growing up oh my goodness!! She looks so old in that picture of her in her bed. What a beautiful little girl she is, just like mommy!

Jenson Family said...

Sooo soo cute!!!

Emily Brimhall said...

was it sad taking down her crib? I'm always sad during that transition, I want them babies forever.

Judy said...

I was fine as we took down the crib and put up the bed, but later that night I started thinking about it and did get sad as I thought, "I'll never pick her up out of her crib again!" And even last night I looked at her and just thought, "She is so big. When did she get so big?"

Natalie said...

Cute, cute bed. And congrats on the potty training success!

Jessica Brown said...

K first of all that room is darling! You have such good taste? Can you come design my house? And second of all, Lexi looks so cute in her new bed! I can't believe how grown up she is!

Tarah said...

Hey Judy- I just heard Jane had her baby. My moms in town and we are just waiting for our boy to come. I'll be induced thurs if he does't pop out on his own. You look the same and your kids are so cute!