Sunday, April 6, 2008

A little catching up...

I'm getting behind, so here's a little update:
A few weeks ago Lexi got her first haircut! Jeff wanted to make sure we got it done, so he decided to take a chunk out of her hair so we wouldn't put it off any longer!

I wasn't sure how she would do when they cut her hair, but she loved it. She kept smiling and laughing and looking at herself in the mirror!
It's a little shorter than I wanted it (thanks to Jeff's little cut!), but I think it turned out cute.

Last weekend (last weekend in March) was so much fun. Friday night Jeff called on his way home around 5pm and said, "we should go out tonight." I called our babysitter, and she was available, so we dropped the kids off at 6 and headed to Red Rock. We ate a quick meal at Rubios (love their fish tacos!) and Capriottis and then went to see 21. It was so good! I loved it. It was fun to have a last minute date and to go out just the two of us for a change.

Saturday afternoon a group of girls went to get pedicures to celebrate Alyson's upcoming baby (she refused to have a shower). It's so nice to have my toes painted again.

This past week has been pretty mellow. The weather wasn't as warm as last week and the kids have been sick. Tuesday night I hosted book club. We discussed Life of Pi, which was so interesting.

This weekend has been fun. Friday night we went out with the Jenson's to Cheesecake Factory and to a few shops.

Most of the weekend has been spent watching general conference. It was crazy to hear that Elder L. Whitney Clayton is a new member of the Presidency of Seventy. Elder Clayton is Jane's father in law, so that is pretty exciting!

After conference on Saturday we headed to Red Rock to hike. Jeff and Lexi hiked up to this ledge.Today we watched general conference. I think my favorite talk had to be Elder Ballard's talk on mothers. Didn't you love that!!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

mmmm....Rubio's fish tacos. I can't tell you how I have cravings for those! Cute hair cut on Lexi. Katelyn had her first professional cut recently too--a disaster!

Jenson Family said...

What a fun week we had! Let's do it all again!

Natalie said...

Love Lexi's smile in that picture. Sounds like you've been having fun!

Tammy said...

Lexi is so cute.....and she always looks darling. It's hard to know what to do with their hair and trust me, it's a fight some times. :)

Brooke said...

I love Lexi's haircut. You'll have to post some more pictures. Has it made it easier or harder to do her hair?

Judy said...

At first I thought Lexi's hair would be easier, but now I'm realizing I really have to do it everyday (wash/blowdry, etc.) It's a pain!! I wanted to just get her hair trimmed, and then I think it would have been easier, but with Jeff's chunk, we had to cut it short. Dang it!

Freer Family said...

I am cracking up that Jeff took a chunk out of Lexi's hair. That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a very long time, lol.

Circuit Fam said...

Hey Judy, this is Stacy Circuit, we are up at Aunt Annette's staying in Riverbend with all the Circuit girls. I asked how you were and then she said you had a great blog and I had to see your cute kiddies. I would love to catch up. Our blog is www.circuitfamily.blogspot.com. We are doing well. Still in San Diego, expecting our 2nd boy. Talk to you soon.

Heather Harper said...

Yes!, I loved that talk! It saved my life, seriously I was ready to commit suicide. j/k. :)
I could point out which feet were yours, hehe, ahhhh, to go to a Spa, what a dream!
Love the haircut too, good job Jeff, very clever to cut it yourself so you HAVE to fix it. :)
I want to come see you in Vegas now that I'm just a couple of hours away! When it gets hot, I will!