Friday, October 24, 2008

Busy Week


Last Saturday night we took the kids to the Haunted Harvest at Springs Preserve. They had several trick-or-treat stations set up and it was all decorated. We met our friends there, and it was fun!

Monday I took the car in to get our new tires (which we just bought on Friday) checked out because they were making a funny noise. They said it would be just a few minutes, so I took the kids next door to Chuck E Cheese's. An hour later I went back to check and the car hadn't even been looked at yet. Urgh! I was so annoyed I just left. But at least the kids had fun playing games and going on rides...
Monday night was really nice weather and Jeff suggested we hike Lone Mountain for FHE. We made it almost all the way, but it got dark and we had to turn around. Lexi walked the whole thing herself! The view was awesome from up there. Who knew the desert could look so nice!

part way up there's a bench that Jackson rested on
View from (almost) the top!
Thursday I took the car back to Pep boys to have the tires checked. This time I called first and explained what happened Monday. They assured me I would have first priority and it should just be a few minutes. So, we took the car back in and I took the kids back to Chuck E Cheese's while we waited. An hour later I went back to check on the car and guess what...they had forgotten to check it out! I was beyond frustrated. I explained to the manager what happened, and he was really nice about it and apologized several times, but seriously...what a waste of time!
Today I watched my friend's kids for a few hours. My kids loved it! We danced, played play-doh, did bubbles outside, played with cars, ate, etc. Lexi and T were playing babies and wanted me to make them cribs out of couch pillows!
This week we also went to Town Square story time and to Claim Jumper, worked out, had stake auxillary training, plus all of the normal errands/cooking/cleaning. Tonight Jeff and I got a sitter and went out. It was nice to just have time together. Our lives have been CRAZY lately between his work being busy and my new calling. I mean CRAZY. I feel like I've never been busier, but life is good!

5 comments:

Jenson Family said...

Wow! Lots of Chuck E. Cheese in there! That is so frustrating about your tires! UGH! I HATE doing the automotive errands - they are ALWAYS frustrating! You really did have a crazy week there!

Kathryn said...

Being Primary President and a young mom and wife does keep you so busy. You're doing a great job at it.

Annette said...

Judy, you and Jeff are amazing parents. I love these shots - and you.
Annette

Anonymous said...

Miss u guys!! They are both growing up so quickly!! We need to make some plans to see each other soon!

Kristie Young said...

What a funny post. I don't mean to laugh because I am sure it was one of your worst days ever but it is just so darn funny about the stupid car repair guys. Thanks for sharing. I thought things like this only happened in our family. I didn't realize you were the primary president. I am sure you are wonderful. Wonderfully busy too. My phone is officially dead and I have no money to replace it so for now I am just using my home number 823-1977.