Tuesday, September 29, 2009

4th of July

This year for the 4th of July weekend, we met the Banners in Utah. We got there Thursday night and stayed at my parent's new house. They had moved in just before they left to London for a few months, so they weren't there. The house was in the process of being renovated, and I can't wait to see it when it's done.


Friday morning we met the Banners at the Paxman cabin up Provo canyon. It was fun to visit with my grandparents and let the kids play in the creek. Then we all drove up to the bottom of the dam and tubed the river with our four little kids! (I wish I had a picture) That is one of our favorite things to do when we're in Utah in the summer.
Then we arranged for my niece and nephew to watch our kids so we could go out. We ate at Tucanos and saw The Proposal.

Saturday morning we met my grandparents, Isaac and Liz and kids, and a few of my cousins at the parade. Jackson went right up and sat on my grandpa's lap. It was so cute!

Sarah is a cheerleader for Centennial Middle School, and they were in the pre-parade this year.

After the parade we went up to Pope's for lunch. It was so beautiful up Hobble Creek Canyon. We ate, hung out, went four wheeling, and Louis shot off bowling balls in the cannon. We got to visit with Jord and Taryn and cute little Abby for a bit, too.
After that we went back to my parent's place and just relaxed in the back yard.
The kids loved running around and jumping on the tramp and looking at the flowers.
That night we ate at Brick Oven and then found a spot on BYU campus to sit and watch the fireworks. (Note to self - don't ever take a picture from that angle again! haha)
Banners

Me and Jackson. Notice his legs. He crosses them all the time. My favorite is when he's stretched out on his back with his arms behind his head and his legs crossed. So funny to see a two year old doing that.

Sunday we drove back to Vegas with the girls in one car and the boys in the other. It was so fun to have that time to just visit and catch up more with Lindsay.

1 comment:

Jenson Family said...

Hey! Way to go - you're catching up! Only 2 more months to go! LOVE the posts. What a fun and crazy summer!!