Monday, November 12, 2007

Quick Update

Wow, I'm behind again! For a quick re-cap:

Last weekend I felt like I hadn't fully celebrated fall, so I made this little Thanksgiving decoration with a bunch of things we're thankful for. Lexi saw it and said excitedly, "that's so cute!" I love her little compliments. Who knew a two-year-old could make you feel so good!

And I made yummy sugar cookies - cut into pumpkins and leaves. I hadn't made them forever, but they were so good! A week later they were still soft. And the frosting....yum!



Other stuff:
Jeff celebrated his big 3-0 last week! Unfortunately I got sick the morning of his B-day, so he opened presents but we postponed our visit to Ruth's Chris Steak House to celebrate. Can't wait to go soon!


Jackson got his first tooth last week! It's his top right middle tooth. I can tell the left one is going to come in any day now. Big news for him is that he is finally on a regular nap schedule and is sleeping through the night! I'm loving it!

And for the last two weeks Lexi has been just the sweetest, most obedient little girl! We don't know what happened, but we hope it lasts! :) She has been cracking me up lately with little phrases she picks up on. One of my favorite is that everytime she hears me say "Ouch!" (even when she's in the other room), she'll ask, "you okay? " or "what happened" and often offers "kisses" to make my owie feel better. She's been my little dancing queen lately, and it's been fun to put on music and just dance around together every day.

Jeff recently joined the gym I go to, and it's been so fun to work out together. We've been five times in the last week. I just hope we keep it up. We were asked to speak in sacrament next Sunday. The topic is gratitude. Anyone feel like writing a talk for me? :) I'm going to base it on Pres. Eyering's talk from conference on remembering and writing down blessing every day.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Happy Birthday to Jeff!!! So sorry you were sick- that's the worst- we've all been being sick around here too! :( Miss you guys- hope to see you nect week?

David Paxman said...

I love your gratitude signs. What a good idea. And you're cookies are really cute.

Wendy said...

Judy!!! Thanks for the message on my blog. I absolutely love your blog and have actually been reading it for months. It never dawned on me to leave you a comment... I'm still a little new to this blogging thing. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!

Lana said...

cute idea Judy, and sugar cookies....yummmmmmm

felicity said...

I'm finally visiting your blog! So much FUN!
I hope the ward choir can step it up on Sunday to match the Luszeck's excellent talks - as I'm sure they will be. Don't you just love speaking in sacrament meeting?? Oh wait, that's just me.
I love that Jackson is sleeping well and that Lexi is being an angel...may it continue forever!

Brooke said...

I love the gratitude signs. What a darling idea. And those cookies look so yummy. Lexi is such a little sweetie. Wish we could see you over Thanksgiving.

Heather Harper said...

Wow, what a homemaker you are! Hey, I tagged you so look at my blog to find out what to do!

Jenson Family said...

It has been a crazy past week or so! And it's only going to get busier with Christmas around the corner!! YIKES! Loved the sugar cookies, love the gratitude sign - HEY - no wonder you have to speak on gratitude - take your little crafty thing in as a prop!

Emily Brimhall said...

hmmmm, sick...in the morning...Judy do have an announcement? :) I will be sick when I turn 30. It seems so OLD. Happy B-day Jeff.

Judy said...

Nope, No announcement! I may have gained a few pounds recently...but it's just because I love to eat! :) I still need a few more years before I'm ready for another kid!

Natalie said...

Great post, Judy! Hope you enjoy Ruth's Chris - we loved it when we went! Happy 30, Jeff!

Jessica Brown said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Jeff! We love you!

Jude those cookies look delicious! You little Martha Stewart you!

Freer Family said...

I soooo need that sugar cookie recipe. I'm drooling over those, Mmmmm.

The Banner Family said...

I need your cookie and icing recipe= those look absolutely fab!