Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer in Vegas

Last summer we travelled so much that we didn't get to experience much of summer in Vegas. Not this year! It's been different to spend more time home between trips, but it's been a lot of fun, too. Here are some things we've been up to:
Back in June we went with three other families to see Beauty and The Beast at Spring Mountain Ranch.

At the end of June I got together with two friends from high school, Lisa and Tammy. I hadn't seen Lisa for about ten years. Way too long! It was great to catch up.

A few weeks ago another friend from high school, Lorianne, came to Vegas for a convention and stayed with me for a few days. It was perfect, because Jeff was in Mesquite golfing with his high school friends that weekend.

One morning Jackson was playing in the pantry when I saw something behind his back. I thought, "that cockaroach has really thick legs!" Then I looked closer to discover that it was a scorpion! Yikes! Luckily it was already dead and we haven't seen any others. Isn't that the creepiest looking bug ever?

The kids have been doing their usual playing and getting into things. One day I heard Jackson whining and when I came downstairs I found him stuck in the stroller!

We took the kids back to Spring Mountain Ranch a few weeks ago to see 1776, and it was a disaster!! The kids lasted an hour, and when we left, Jeff said, "Is it too much to ask that they just sit still for an hour?!!!" I reminded him that they are one and three, and yes, it is too much to ask! We're definitely getting a babysitter for Aida next month.
Last week I took Kim to dinner at RA for her birthday (finally)! The sushi was to die for! And we shopped at the Nordstrom sale.
Last week we had a blast with Kathryn and my sister, Jenn, who came to visit for a few days. We had nothing but fun for days! We swam and ate and swam and ate and shopped and ate! The kids loved being spoiled by grandma, and it was so nice to have one-on-one time with her again.
We ate at the best Thai restaurant one night. It's my new favorite place.
The kids kept us busy during dinner by spilling drinks, screaming, banging in the table, etc. Ugh!

Wednesday night we had a BBQ and swam at the Tews.
Thursday I got a sitter, and the girls went shopping and to lunch. It was so fun. Thanks again Kathryn!! We had a blast!! Come again soon!

5 comments:

Shannon & Summer said...

You are so dang cute Judy! It looks like you are having a great Summer! How fun that you got to see so many friends from High School! How are they all doing?!
By the way, our all time favorite sushi place is in Las Vegas - it's called I Love Sushi...if you haven't been there, you will have to go!
Oh, and I re remembered that your brother is in our ward and when he was at our mutual activity tonight I totally had a thought of him being a Bishop - I think he seems like such a great guy!

Jenson Family said...

That looks like fun! What a summer it has been. Too fast, that's for sure!

Lana said...

Love your pics! (Minus the one of the bug - EWWW!!!)

I especially love that photo of you and Lexi by the water in Portland. It looks like you've had a full, fun summer so far.

Wendy said...

Wow! I love all the pics and overview of your summer in Vegas! Scary about the scorpion! When are we going to connect? One of these days we'll make it out there again!

Emily Brimhall said...

What a flashback. Its nice to see old High School friends.....speaking of which, I know its only been a year or so but we do really need to get out and play together somtime after this baby arrives.