Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer Update...again

I don't know why I've had such a hard time keeping up with blogging this summer, but I have! Here's a little update of what we've been doing:
A few weeks ago, my friends and I dressed up and went to a Breaking dawn release party. Are we lame or what? haha We went to Claim Jumper first to eat, then went to a Barnes & Noble where they had all sorts of activities. I finished the book last week, and it was okay. A little too long for me, so I'm happy to have it done!

We've been playing at the park, and I started tennis lessons again

Weeeeeeeeee!


A few weeks ago, Mike & Lindsay came into town for a visit. They got a room at the JW Marriott, so we joined them for dinner and then went swimming. The next night Lindsay and I met and went to see MaMa Mia.


Lexi & Kaitlyn


Our special little guy! haha
Here's a picture from their visit in June. We met them at Mandalay Bay for dinner then hung out at their suite at the MGM. So fun!
The weekend of Aug 8th we took a very quick trip to Utah. We got to Provo after midnight Friday night. Saturday we drove up to Heber to meet our friends from Indianapolis. We spent the day with the Gibbs and McKees. We shopped in Park City and swam at an awesome pool in Kamas. That night we got sitters and met up at Tucanos for dinner, shopped at Riverwoods, and went to see Hancock. It was so fun to see them again! Sunday we went up to Wildwood to see Paxman relatives and visit, then we had dinner at my parents' house with some of my family and had to pack up and drive back to Vegas. On the way home we stopped for our first time at Fort Cove and took the little tour, and sadly that is the only time I took pictures the whole weekend! We had a great time, but I don't think we'll do a trip to Utah for that short of a time again!


Here in Vegas we've been doing a lot of swimming, and Lexi is starting to swim on her own. Here's a little video of it:



That's about it for now!

7 comments:

Kristie Young said...

Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth again. Thank you, thank you for the swimming invites. I am not trying to ignore you at all. We have been so busy with various things. Anyway it looks like you have been having fun. I am excited for your tennis lessons. I want to take something I am not sure what yet. I have been trying to decide for over a year now. That is really lame. It also looks like you got a new camera. The pictures seem really sharp and vivid. We got a new camera but I haven't learned to do it manually yet to get a better picture. I am just using the automatic settings. One thing at a time. It is so nice to stay in touch this way. Nice Twighlight series party. I haven't read a single one. Maybe I should. Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

we will be here!! when are you coming? do you want to stay with us for a night or 2 (or 3)???

Jenson Family said...

Hey thanks for finally posting! J/K! Lucky for me I live nearby and see you daily (almost!). That pic of Lexi and Kaitlyn is darling!

Jessica Brown said...

Dang that suite looks nice! How fun that you have so many good friends out there, or at least that come and visit often. I can't believe Lexi can swim! That video is cute! Way to go Lexi!

David Paxman said...

I just saw that cute video of Lexi. That was so good. She's really improved.

Camp Directors said...

I am the worst friend ever! You are invited to come over and swim anytime. Pretty soon it is going to be too cold. Call me!!

Wendy said...

I LOVE that you all dressed up and made a night of the Breaking Dawn release! That's awesome! I read the book too, I loved it, but it was definitely very long!