Friday, September 5, 2008

Beverly Hills...That's Where I Want To Be!

For labor day weekend, Jeff and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary (which was actually back in July) with a trip to Beverly Hills/Hollywood. Jeff's parents agreed to watch our kids so we could enjoy a weekend of fun. And I had Hilton points left over from when I worked at PwC and travelled a ton, so I booked us a room at the Beverly Hilton for the weekend.
We went to Santa Monica beach. (Which was okay. I've been spoiled by Hawaii beaches!) We lounged by the pool. We ate out and just relaxed! We were able to meet up with Travis (one of my friends from BYUH) and his date, Monica. We went to dinner in Westwood village right by UCLA and then got ice cream cookie sandwiches at Diddy Riese. Then we went to the Griffith Observatory, where there was an amazing view of the valley.

At Griffith Observatory

Then we got Pinkberry frozen yogurt and ate it on our balcony. So yummy! (PS I feel kind of dumb with all these pictures of just me. That's the problem when there's just two of you!)

Rodeo Drive

That night we went to see Wicked, which was AMAZING!!

Then we walked down Hollywood Boulevard to the Chinese Theater where all of the movie premiers are

And in front are the hand and footprints of celebrities
We saw the stars along the street (I uploaded this pictures several times and it would always rotate the wrong way!)

And we walked around Hollywood and Highland Center and got a bite to eat

We met Jeff's parents and the kids at Ikea and then took them to lunch. Thank you so much for watching the kids for us! We had a blast!

5 comments:

jane said...

How fun!!! And you look amazing as usual. I have got to see Wicked, I have only heard great things about that show. Thanks for coming up this weekend I can't wait to post about it.

Jenson Family said...

Looks like fun! What a great getaway.

Rachael said...

What a great trip for your anniversary! Always so nice when the grandparents can watch the kids :)

Brooke said...

What a trip!! So, how was Wicked? Did you love it? Oh I want to see it so much!! I'm so glad you guys had a weekend away.

Freer Family said...

What a fabulous anniversary trip! I don't know what I'm more jealous of, Wicked or the big giant fro-yo, lol!