Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jane's Brithday

Last weekend I flew up to Utah to celebrate Jane's birthday. Jet Blue now flies direct from LV to SLC for $50 each way, so it makes it easy to get up for a quick trip. Friday night Jane picked me up at the airport with her kids. We got the best Thai food on the way home...mmm. That night we just ate and hung out and talked to my parents and Jenn a bit.

Saturday we woke up and Jane and I headed to Salt Lake to check out her new house which is being remodeled. It was AMAZING! It looks great, and I can't wait to see it completely done, furnished, and decorated. They will move in this week. Jane's friend, Erin, met us at the house, then we headed to the Cliff Spa at Snowbird. I worked out while Jane got a pedicure, then we all laid out by the pool on the top of the hotel. Check out this view! Brooke Clayton and Jane's HILARIOUS friend, Julia, came and joined us. We were starving when we left, so Erin, Jane, and I went to eat at Red Robin. I think I found my newst addiction: their fries and BBQ dipping sauce. To die for! They brought Jane a piece of ice cream cake for her birthday.

That night Jane, Whitney, the kids, and I went to the reception for our second cousin, Elizabeth Florence. I hadn't seen anyone in the their family for years, so it was really fun to catch up.

Sunday morning Whitney made us a delicious breakfast: sausage and homemade chocolate chip pancakes served with whipped cream. So yummy! Then we headed to SLC to attend their ward. Everyone there was SO NICE. I have never been to a ward where people were so welcoming. And it was fun to run into one of my old friends, Stan Olsen, who is in their ward.

After church we had planned a surprise party for Jane at the Clayton's house. It was so fun! Whitney and the Claytons made an awesome dinner and cake. Dad and Anna

Sisters

Happy Birthday Jane, I love you!!

3 comments:

Emily Brimhall said...

I love seeing pics of your family. It takes me back.

Miss Fergie said...

It seems like you are always going to these awesome places with amazing views. How do I get in on all of these trips!?

Natalie said...

Looks like so much fun! And sounds liek a great getaway; I think I need one of those :)