Monday, September 22, 2008

Lexi Language

Lexi has her own pronounciations or words for many things, and I need to write them down before she grows out of them and I forget!

bebu = belly button or stomach

cool = pool (mom, do they have a cool?)
pretty tail = pony tail
pretty hair = hair done in any way
applekine = pineapple
anybody = somebody, everybody, or anybody
alutter = another
loodle = little
loodles = noodles
logurt = yogurt (what's with the "l"??)
dippie = any dressing, salsa, sour cream, sauce,
see friends = go to kids gym
princess hello = Barbie Island Princess
clippies = any sort of rubber bands, clips, bows, or hair accessories
jumpy house = trampoline
Talego = diego
Chrowfridge = drawbridge

And here are some recent experiences with my three year old


last week during FHE
me: Jesus was obedient. He ALWAYS listened and obeyed.
Lexi (totally sincere and excited): like me!
me(cracking up): something like that...


almost every time Lexi gets dressed
Lexi (head tilted to the side): mom, does this look hot?
me: it looks really cute (I don't love my three year old wanting to look "hot," not that she even knows what it means)
Lexi: no, does it look hot?
me: you look really pretty
Lexi (annoyed): but is it hot?
me(also annoyed): yep



last week while we're making breakfast for dinner, Lexi sitting on the counter
Lexi: I'm so cute making waffles!



Few weeks ago, as I was heading to the temple.
Lexi:mom, where are you going?
me: to the temple
Lexi: I want to come to the temple!
Me: Sorry sweetie, just moms are going
Lexi (sobbing now):But I want to go to the temple. Mommy, I want to go with you!
She was so upset. It was so sad and so cute at the same time. I had recently taught her the song I love to see the Temple, and I think she just thinks it's a castle. I told her I'd take her to see it sometime.


Today, while we were practicing "little letters"
I taught her the capital letters during the summer, so now we've been going over the lower case. On the back are pictures that start with that letter, so after she'd get a letter right I would show her the pictures and say "a, like apple; e like egg,"etc., but Lexi's versions of what the pictures were cracked me up, especially because she is so excited when she says it:

i = ink "like messy!"
d = dog "like a puppy!"
h = horse "like pony!"
j = jet "like air -a -plane!"
l = lion "like tiger!"
o = octopus "like jellyfish!"
r = rose "like flower!"
x = x-ray "like a picture!"

She's definitely not picking up on the link between the letters and pictures!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the cutest stuff I've ever read!! You're going to be so glad you wrote it all down!! Miss you guys! Comin to AZ anytime soon...??? ;)

Lana said...

Oh, that is sooo cute! You had me giggling with those stories. So fun :)

Jessica Brown said...

pretty tail. I like that! I think she's got a good point there.

what are these little letters you are talking about. Can I buy some somewhere?? Thats such a good idea!

Emily Brimhall said...

so cute! You'll love looking back on that some day. My little Zach has been doing well in speech therapy, but I miss the old way he he used to say things.

Freer Family said...

HILARIOUS! Kids say the funniest stuff. I'm dying over her asking if she looks hot! Where do they come up with this stuff?

Natalie said...

I love Lexi's personality. And her interpretations of the letters are hilarious. I just read your story about Jackson and I'm so glad everything was ok, and that your prayers were answered. Your kids are adorable.