Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Trip Part Four: Thursday-Sunday

Okay, so the last few days of our trip are a bit of a blur for me, so I'll just put in the highlights:

1. Chicken Tikka Pita from Cafe Diana ("Cafe D"). This one's for Kel and Jess! We discovered this place around the corner from the BYU center last time we lived there. I went there three times the week I was in London, and that wasn't enough! : ) And other food - we ate at Santorini's (they were out of "Greek soup" - dang it!), pastries, kabobs, yogurt (why can't they make it that good in the states?), and chocolate.
2. Best picture from the trip - if Lexi is the judge! This was at the "Britain at War" Museum.

3. Bike tour of London. This was our favorite thing we did. It started along the south bank of the Thames and took you all over the city to a ton of the tourist attractions (Eye of London, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, Buckingham Palace - during changing of the guard, Hyde Park, Covent Garden, etc. ) It happened to be a beautiful, sunny day and it felt so good to be on a bike after walking all week. 4. Plays - We went Thursday night with my parents to see Arcadia and Friday night we all met up at the Globe Theater to watch Troilus and Cressida.
5. People watching at Trafalgar Square one afternoon.

6. View from the top of St. Paul's Cathedral. I tried to get on the elevator since I was pregnant, but they didn't go for it. So we walked all of those steps up to the top. It was worth it!
7. Meeting up with an old friend. We got to spend the day with Lorianne, who is my friend from high school and just happened to be studying at Cambridge this summer. She took us to Saturday's Market on the south bank, which was awesome.

8. Dinner at Khan's. Saturday my cousins, Aaron and Colin, arrived in London for a week visit, so we got to catch up a bit. We all went to dinner that night at our favorite Indian restaurant.

9. Playing Phase 10 ("skip Judy!"). This was a little family tradition from last time we lived in London, and finally Saturday night I got to play a round with Jenn.


10. Spending time with my parents. Coming from such a big family, it's always a treat to have one-on-one time with them. We have missed them since they've been in London. And I've taken so long to post this that they are done in London and are literally on their way home right now...probably just heading tot he airport. We're excited to have you guys back in driving distance!

11. Going home. Actually, just being home again...the actual getting there was a nightmare! It took us 30+ hours from start to finish, and we hardly slept on the planes. We had the worst, rudest cab driver from the BYU Center to Victoria Station, then we took a train to the airport. The airport was a disorganized mess. We were in line for over an hour even though we had checked in online. I had to leave the check-in line to throw up, then I had to leave the security line because I almost passed out (such drama!). Then I threw up on the plane some more. When we landed, Jeff's parents met us at Ontario, CA airport with our kids and the car all packed at 11pm (so nice of them to make it easy for us and save time driving back to Yucaipa). But then we got in the car and I drove the whole way home to Las Vegas while everyone else slept (NOTE: I chose to drive, since Jeff had to work the next morning, and because I trust myself to never fall asleep at the wheel). But it was good to be home and GREAT to see the kids again. We were all exhausted the next day. I had just fed Jackson lunch when I found him curled up asleep on our small, hard chairs!

No comments: