Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Trip Part Two: Wales


Sunday evening we got dropped off at our hotel near Conway Castle (you can see it in the background). Jeff had served close to this area when he was on his mission, and when I was on study abroad in London in college we had taken a weekend trip up to the area and had loved it.



They claim that this is the smallest house in Great Britain.




We walked down by the bay and then walked the castle walls that surround the city.





Pretty cool view! After walking around we got fish & chips for dinner and then relaxed at the hotel.




Monday we had breakfast at the hotel and then Jeff picked up our rental car that he had arranged for the day. He did great driving a stick shift on the opposite side of the road! We pretty much drove around the whole Isle of Anglesey, which only took a few hours and was absolutely beautiful. This was our first stop at Beaumaris Castle.






We stopped at llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, which is the city with the longest name. After that Jeff wanted to see if he could find Lizzie, a woman he had baptized on his mission. I could not believe it, but he drove right to her house without an address or anything.



We had so much fun visiting with Lizzie. She was hilarious and had us cracking up the whole time. I was amazed how much she remembered about Jeff and other companions he had served with that we know. We were sad to learn that her husband had recently passed away.After touring the Isle I wanted to take Jeff to Betsws-y-Coed, a little town in the mountains that I had visited and loved eleven years before. It did not dissapoint! It is beautiful there.


These pictures do not do it justice!
I wish I had a better picture of Betws-y-Coed. It is the cutest ilttle town with shops and restaurants and a tiny train station. We ate lunch and walked around a bit and then headed back to Conway to catch a train to London.

4 comments:

The Story of Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Story of Life said...

Wow! What an amazing opportunity!! I hope that you had a great time! Loved all the pictures!

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

I didn't know you got to go to England. How cool Judy. I love hearing about it- brings me back to my mish!

Jenson Family said...

How awesome! I can't believe Jeff fit in the car, let alone drove it on the wrong side of the road!! Too funny! So beautiful. Thx for updating your blog. You're really going to have to now, or I will call you and bug you since I can't just see you whenever now.