Friday, October 12, 2007

Fall Treats


Last night we had a meeting at my house for a Music Makers group we're starting. I though it was a perfect excuse to make some yummy treats! I served Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Gingersnap Crust. Yum! I especially loved the crust! I found a few recipes off of allrecipes.com that I combined to come up with this:

Crust:
1 1/2 c. gingersnap crumbs
3 T. brown sugar
6 T. melted butter

Mix and press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan.

Cheesecake:
2 packages cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
1 (16oz) can pumpkin
1 1/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. salt
2 eggs

Beat cream cheese and sugar. Add pumpkin and spices and mix. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Pour onto crust. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Chill overnight.

Top with a layer of homemade whip cream (add sugar and vanilla to taste).

NOTE: I thought the cheesecake could be a little bit sweeter. I think next time I try it, I'll increase sugar.



I also served Carmel Fondue with apples and banana slices. This recipe has been a favorite for years, and it's so easy.

1/2 c. butter
2 c. brown sugar
1 c. karo syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Warm almost to a boil to melt sugars. Add vanilla.










6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuummmmooo! I wish I was at that meeting! I'm drooling on my keyboard here! Miss you guys!! Can't wait to see you soon!!

Freer Family said...

THANK YOU for posting those recipes! I was going to call you today for them, lol. It was so yummy! I put the caramel on the cheesecake and it rocked, lol. Gotta get my bum to the gym. Anyways, thanks so much for hosting the meeting and making delicious treats!

Jenson Family said...

Your treats were delicious! That's the only reason I went to the meeting! :) You always go "all out" when you have people over! I LOVE it! Thanks for the fondue recipe - it was my absolute FAVORITE!

Lana said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe! I can't wait impress my family :)

Jessica Brown said...

That looks so good. Yum! Thanks for the ideas Jude!

Emily Brimhall said...

yummy. Have fun at disney. I left a comment on mine of who I saw there. I'm copying those recipes for sure. Thanks