Monday, October 29, 2007

(Another) Trip to Cali


Last weekend (I'm behind - I mean the weekend of the 19th) we went to California for our friend's surprise birthday party on Friday night. Mike is Jeff's best friend from growing up, and a bunch of their old friends from Yucaipa were at the party. It was hilarious to hear all of their stories from high school. Jeff's parents watched the kids that night, and they were nice enough to watch them again Saturday morning so Jeff and I could go to the Redlands Temple.

Saturday afternoon we met some of Jeff's friends at the apple orchards in Oak Glen. Lexi was so excited to wear a balloon hat and ride on a little choo-choo train.

Sunday we went to church and had dinner with Jeff's family then drove down to San Clemente to stay with Mike & Lindsay. On our way down, we got kicked off the road due to a fire burning on a hill to the side of us. (This was the start of the fire that was in Orange County). It was pretty scary to see such a big fire burning so close to us and know that if the winds changed, it could head our direction at any time.

Monday we woke up and there was tons of smoke outside from all of the fires. Despite the poor air quality, we decided to head to Disneyland as planned. Jeff and I finally redeemed our annual passes that his parents had given us. We spent most of the day at California Adventure, which I had never been to. Loved it! They have the best roller coaster I have ever been on, and we loved Soarin' Over California, the Bug's Life kids rides, and the Maliboomer. Lexi was hilarious dancing with the Miner 49's band. They asked kids to come up and learn a dance. She didn't follow instructions like the other kids, of course. Instead, she just pushed her way to the front of everyone and just danced around. It was hilarious! She stole the show! We stayed until around 8:00pm, and by that time Jeff, Lexi, and I were exhausted...but Jackson was somehow wide awake! Where do kids get their energy from???


Jeff had to work the next morning, so we drove home that night. Due to the fires, the I-15 was closed, so Jeff and I had to drive through an alternate route which didn't get us home until 2am. We were dead, but it was such a fun weekend, and we can't wait to go back to Cali for Thanksgiving.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics! LOVE even more that we got to see you guys! Can't wait to see you again!! Miss you already!!

Emily Brimhall said...

Alright, you guys get to go to cali way too much, its just not fair, and season passes to disney? you're kids are in heaven I'm sure. Looks like you guys had a fun time.

Jessica Brown said...

Wow that looks like a fun packed weekend! Thats so nice that California is such a short trip away!

Cute pictures too. I especially loved the story of Lexi dancing. So cute.

Lana said...

Looks like a great time. I love that Lexi was up front dancing, and Jackson is always smiling! :)

Jenson Family said...

Sooo fun! I am jealous! I need a vacation!

Brooke said...

Isn't Disneyland the greatest? We are ready to go back in a heartbeat. The kids look so cute Judy. I love that little denim dress of Lexi's.

Freer Family said...

Look like a fun time was had by all. The picture of Jackson all wired up cracks me up.

attack of The Mouse said...

Cool! You have a blog!! I have had fun catching up on you guys. I can't beleive how big your kids are getting. Lexi, is adorable and what a lucky girl to have such a handsome little brother. I'm glad you guys are having so much fun.
We might (okay probally are) comeing to Vegas around New Year time frame - it would be fun to get together. I will have to let you know the exact days when we get them nailed down.

Natalie said...

Oh, I'm jealous, too. This is the best time of year to go to Disneyland! Lucky that you get to go for Thanksgiving, too!