Monday, January 28, 2008

Beloved Prophet

Last night we heard that President Hinckley had passed away. It still hasn't really hit me. It is going to be so strange to watch conference in April and not have President Hinckley there. I sort of feel like he has been my prophet. (In the sense that he was the prophet that has had the greatest impact on my life so far.) When he became the prophet I was still in high school, and I have listened to him and his counsel through such important phases of my life - college, marriage, motherhood, etc. - through those years that really shape the direction your life will take. As much as I love him and will miss him, I have to say I am so happy for him that after 97 years of service, he can finally rest and also be reunited with his wife.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I hear ya, it IS really strange, but good too. Mixed feelings I guess.

Natalie said...

I completely agree with you Judy. Very well put. I will miss him too.