Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sunny California??

A few weks ago Jeff was offered a position at a new firm. I don't know what he was more excited about... actually working for a new firm or the fact that we could work in a quick trip to Disneyland between the transition! (Actually, Jeff started his new firm on Tuesday, and so far he love it and sees great potential there - Yay!)



Anyway, Jeff stopped working for his old firm last Tuesday (May 20th), and the next morning we headed to California. We found a hotel on priceline, and within the first few minutes of checking in both telephones in the room were pulled to the ground by the kids, Jackson had unrolled the entire roll of toilet paper onto the bathroom floor, and Lexi set off the alarm in the elevator! Life with kids is never boring! :)

That afternoon we went over to Disneyland. We went on a few rides at California Adventure, and then Jeff's dad met up with us for a few hours.

That afternoon I ran into two different friends from high school - Quinn Fulmer, Aimee (Bradford) Malloy - and a couple we knew at BYUH. It's always fun to run into people you know.


Thursday was cloudy and cold. We took our time getting ready, and then went to Disneyland to meet up with Jeff's sister and her kids. It was so fun to see them again. We had only been there an hour or two when the rain started. Worst! It rained off and on the rest of the day. I had no idea it was supposed to rain and be freezing cold, so I hadn't packed for it. I finally just threw on Jeff's huge sweatshirt, rolled up my jeans, and off we went. The best part of the day was taking Lexi on Soaring over California for the first time. She loved it! We kept going on rides, but after a while the stoller was soaked, and we were so cold. It was around 5pm and Jeff wanted to stay, but when he asked Lexi if she wanted to stay and go on rides or go back to the hotel she immediately said, "hotel!"


That night we met up with my friend, Tammy, from high school. I hadn't seen her in years or met her husband or kids. We met them at Wahoos for dinner, and it was so much fun! Her kids are the cutest things! And it turns out that they know tons of our close friends. After dinner we went to their place and just hung out until midnight. (I wish we would have taken a picture!)


Friday we went to stay with Mike & Lindsay in San Clemente. It was rainy and freezing again, but the boys were determined to go to the beach, so they took wet suits and went body surfing for a few hours. That night, Lindsay, Stephanie, and I went out to dinner at Tommy Bahama and then got dessert at Red Robin. It was so fun to hang out.


Saturday the boys went surfing in the morning while we watched the kids. It was crazy! Lexi loves Kaitlyn, and they played together pretty well, but Jackson and Carson were hilarious! They just fought over anything and everything the other one had. They were seriously doing a tug-of-war and grunting and screaming over a stuffed animal at one point. It was so funny to watch! In the afternoon the boys took the kids to the beach, so Lindsay and I could go shopping at the Spectrum. We got Pinkberry frozen yogurt. To die for! I've been craving it ever since! We shopped a bit, and I ran into Tarah & Aimee! It was so funny to run into Aimee twice in a few days. And I hadn't seen Tarah in years. It was fun to have a quick catch up.


That night Brian & Steph came to Lindsay's and we all made pizzas and hung out. And I was introduced to another yummy treat - Sprinkles cupcakes! After the kids went down we watched Juno. Sunday we spent the day in Yucaipa at Jeff's parents' house and then drove home. We filled up for the drive home, and I had to take a picture of this! $4.05 a gallon. $60 to fill up the Camry! I remember the good old days when it was only $15 a tank!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had SOOO much fu having you guys!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks again!! I'm salivating just looking at those cupcakes!!

Tarah said...

Great to see you too Judy. You are such a doll and you look the same. I just love your constant smile! Sprinkles is yummy. I have the recipe for the strawberry ones-- they are even better when you make them from scratch and I am not even a cake lover.

Shannon & Summer said...

What a lucky girl to be doing so much traveling and fun things lately!

Jenson Family said...

We saw Juno last weekend too! So dang funny! What a fun trip!

Katie said...

I LOVE JUNO!
But I'm confused, what part of Cali are you guys living now?
SO EXCITING! :)

Lana said...

When I first started reading your post, I thought "Wait! Are they moving???!!!" Then I caught on ;)

Do you guys ever have a dull moment? Seriously, what fun!!!

Judy said...

Sorry for the confusion - we're still in Vegas! We just took a quick trip to Cali...

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me- I've got to gear up to post about the Luszecks coming to visit!! I'm saving it up because that is going to be the MOST SPECIAL post!! I'm still behind- as you can see- I'm working my way towards being caught up while trying to stay on track too :) THe other problem with posting about having you guys in town is that I take so few pictures when you guys are in town because I'm having WAY too much fun talking and playing- that's the true sign of great friends- you're so enjoying the moment that you fail to take pictures!! Anyway- the few pictures that I do have are darling and I need to send them to you- I just downloade them last night but now I'm out of town- so as soon as I get home I'll send them over :) sorry for the novel- miss you guys!!

The Brewsters said...

I just wanted to tell you how cute your blog is and how much I enjoy reading it! You are always doing....which is awesome. It makes me realize we need to take more time with friends. Congrats to Jeff on his new job. Being a fellow lawyer nerd, I would love to hear more about what he is doing.

Emily Brimhall said...

I thought you were moving to Cali too. I would have jumped up and down because the chances of seeing you there are greater than in vegas.

austin and cherisse said...

It was fun running into you guys at disneyland. I was thinking of you guys while you were here for the pouring rain...sorry. I just have to add something funny...austin had to take our passat in and get it fixed and left his regular glasses in the car. Needless to say he was stuck wearing his 1980s pre-mission glasses all week. I made fun of him so bad...I think he looked like harry potter those things were huge! I told him just minutes before we ran into each other...you know you are going to run into friends here with those glasses on HARRY and he was like yea whatever!!! Then we ran into you I was laughing so hard when we left!